What's new

How good are JBL NSP-1 (1 Viewer)

Kiet_H

Stunt Coordinator
I have read many reviews on here about the JBL NSP-1 stating that for the price they can't be beat. But has anyone compared them head to head with say Energy's Encore or Take5.2 ? If so, how do they compare to the Energys? I know that the Energy's are alot more expensive and this is an apple to oranges comparison, but I am just curious. Personally I have listened to both (The NSP-1 was paired with a JBL Sub - I don't know which model), and the Energy's IMHO sounds alot tighter, more detailed and with better sound stage and imageing. Of course I have been a long time Energy Fan and my finds could be a rusult of my bias. I would like to hear opinions from other unbiased listeners. All opinions are welcomed..

Thanks.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Did you listen to the NSP set and the Energy set setup the same, in the same environment with the same equipment and calibrated correctly. That could make a huge difference in the sound of the speakers. I had the take 5 set and find the NSP set much more involving and richer sounding than the take 5 set. If you look at the frequency response alone, you can see that the NSP set will cover that hole youfind between sattelites and subs better than any other small sat setup. I'd listen to them in a similar environment and see what you thinnk. Heck, for $229 for the NSP set at buy.com I'd try them and if youdon't like them youcould probably recoup your money on ebay or give sell them to a friend at your cost. They are terrific sounding speakers IMHO. Just my $.02. Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks