How Good Are DCM Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by James Sarno, Dec 29, 2003.

1. James Sarno

James Sarno Stunt Coordinator

My wife's uncle has a 5.1 DCM setup(including 10"powered sub)being powered by a HK AVR125 and all I can say was WOW!

I have heard of DCM before and I know they are primarily used in a larger room configuration,but I didn't know they sounded so good...That sub was pretty nice also...

Was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on DCM loudspeakers...
    Thanks...

2. Guest

I have owned a pair of DCM12 3way speakers 250watts RMS for going on seven years now.

I can't explain how beautiful they sound, the mid-bass and treble is clear responsive, and the bass is no doubt clean and loud. I do run them off of a Onkyo TX-SR607, with polk audio CS1 center speaker and polk audio bookshelves which are also great speakers however I do prefer to listen to only the DCMS for music. I have yet to see their true performance because I doubt I could even afford an amplifier that put out 250watts RMS @ 8ohms. I have no doubt they could deliver sound in a club! Even with my onkyo I shouldn't have problems with noise pollution however that's not why I like the speakers, I guess its about knowing you can rather then not!

I have never seen a better quality build especially for how old they are. Granted they were 500 dollars for a pair it was well worth it. I am sad to say they have discontinued these but I stand by the DCM loudspeaker line if you ever can get your hands on some I highly recommend them.

3. Guest

I have owned a pair of DCM12 3way speakers 250watts RMS for going on seven years now.

I can't explain how beautiful they sound, the mid-bass and treble is clear responsive, and the bass is no doubt clean and loud. I do run them off of a Onkyo TX-SR607, with polk audio CS1 center speaker and polk audio bookshelves which are also great speakers however I do prefer to listen to only the DCMS for music. I have yet to see their true performance because I doubt I could even afford an amplifier that put out 250watts RMS @ 8ohms. I have no doubt they could deliver sound in a club! Even with my onkyo I shouldn't have problems with noise pollution however that's not why I like the speakers, I guess its about knowing you can rather then not!

I have never seen a better quality build especially for how old they are. Granted they were 500 dollars for a pair it was well worth it. I am sad to say they have discontinued these but I stand by the DCM loudspeaker line if you ever can get your hands on some I highly recommend them.