How far would you travel to see a band live in person?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Call me silly, but I've actually entertained te thought of going to see the Corrs play in Ireland's Lansdowne Rd concert venue in late June (be part of a summer vacation).

2. Rob_C

Rob_C Stunt Coordinator

I thought about going to Irleand myself to see Clutch play last year but I didn't get to go. The longest I've travelled to see a show is 14 hrs though.

3. Ron Eastman

Ron Eastman Second Unit

Going to Ireland for a concert is pretty far but a concert can be a great excuse for a vacation. The farthest I've gone to see a show was from Omaha to Chicago for Joe Satriani at the House of Blues.

4. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Um....I once drove to Cincinnati to see Santana and Rusted Root. [​IMG] That trip to Ireland to see the Corrs sounds pretty nice - I'm not that big on their music but they're mighty easy on the eyes and I've always wanted to visit the Emerald Isle.

5. Rain

Rain Producer

The farthest I've travelled is from Calgary to Vancouver to see R.E.M. in 1995. I'm glad I did, since it was their last tour with the whole band and, as far as I'm concerned, they are totally out of gas now.

6. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I don't go to many concerts, so the only one I've been to is to see Petula Clark in Norfolk, VA, 200 miles from where I live.

7. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    I've pretty much traveled across the midwest and went on tour one summer with the Grateful Dead