How far to mount the screen away from the projector?

Norris

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

How do I figure out the distance between the projector and the screen? I'd like to get the largest picture possible. I plan on ceiling-mounting an InFocus SP4805 and a 110" drop-down screen. The length of the room is 25'.

Also, if I have to, will I still get good audio if the front three speakers are mounted 2' in front of the screen? Of course all 3 will be in the same plane in the x and y dimensions.

Thanks,

kameonr

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed Keeling
Since i cannot post links yet....go to google and then type on "projector screen distance" and you will find some good calculators for this.

As far as speakers goes, the common theme for home theater systems seems to be speakers in the front surround on the side and two rears in the back. Obviously everything depends on budget....so you will have to make due with what you have.....but for the right sound you will eventually want the surround and the rear
Hope that helps....

C&K

Agent
Real Name
Chris
Check out projectorcentral.com. There is a calculator there that uses your projector specs to help you calculate it. That's what I used and it was right on!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Industrious