What's new

How far should my new PC- Ultra be from the wall? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I’ve got it located in a corner on the front soundstage. I was just wondering if there is a consensus regarding how close to place the sub to the wall. Or, does it even matter since it’s ported on the top? The room is 18’x23’ with a 14’ vaulted ceiling. Thanks, John

WayneO

Supporting Actor
It can be as close to the wall as you want if that proves to be the best placement for the sub in your room. There is no required minimum distance to guarantee you aren't hindering performance.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Then that's where I'll start, with it flush against the wall. THX Wayne!

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
John, I have only had my PC-Ultra for three days, but also have it in the front R. corner of my HT room. Was also wondering how close. I have the sub about 1-inch from both walls. I have a lower ceiling than yours, but this thing is thunderous and sounds fantastic.:emoji_thumbsup: I would guess you are going through the same experience as me. WOW!!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
You generally get more gain the closer to the wall you are. It can work against the sound quality though, so each situation is different. Get to know your sub and play around with placement and you'll figure it out.;)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Good feedback! Thx Steve. Mike, yeah' for a Hi-Res Audio setup like mine, it's just what the doctor ordered! Enjoy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks