What's new

How far does the sub need to be from my TV? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I've got a Velodyne CHT-12 on the way. Due to space limitations I don't have the option of putting it "just anywhere" in the room. Generally, how many feet do you need between the sub and the TV. I have a 35" Toshiba. I understand that subs and TV's vary but just give me an idea.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
John,

Well, this begs a few questions.

1) If you mean in terms of magnetic issues, this will depend on the shielding of the sub. If the sub is well shielded- it should be able to be within a foot without issue.

2) If you mean in terms of vibrations- this is another issue entirely, and difficult to offer a specific determination. Having a sub close to your TV will induce vibration- and might shorten its lifespan.

You might also note that sub placement is the single most important issue in getting good sub performance. In handicapping yourself in placement possibilities, you will likely greatly limit the sub's performance and your enjoyment of the sub.

-V

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Dustin: Thanks for the link!

Vince: I was referring to the magnetic interference issue. I don't think the unit is shielded at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks