What's new

How does your vehicle rate for safety? (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, my car (a '95 Dodge Neon), rates a "P" for Poor... :frowning:

I know these tests are not perfect, nor are they all-conclusive (they only perform a 40 mph frontal offset crash test) but... how does your vehicle rate?

Vehicle Safety Ratings

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
SweeT:D Awesome:D
My 2002 Toyota Sienna rates Best Buy
Scored good (highest rating) in all catagories:D

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
My 2001 Ford Ranger rates Acceptable, which along with the Toyota Tacoma, are the only two small sized pick-ups which received Acceptable ratings. Chevy scored moderate overall while Dodge and Nissan were poor. I am surprised that not one small pick-up received a good rating.

J

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Wife's Toyota Sienna gets an overall G. Of course, I researched this before we bought a van.

My Dodge Durango (company SUV), gets an overall A

Peace Out~:D

KyleS

Screenwriter
Cant rate mine since it doesnt rate each model of a line of car. For example my 99 Honda Civic EX has extra safety features like side impact beams but they only tested an LX model. The 2001 models are made with the same features as the EX was in 99 and they rated G all the way across.

KyleS

Todd_B

Second Unit
2002 Grand Prix

Overall: "A"

Not too bad :)

My g/f Jeep didn't fair as well :frowning:

1999 Jeep Cherokee

Overall: "M"

Todd B

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
My Contour ended up with a poor rating but other then the legs the rest were all good or moderate so I guess the two poor ratings really pull it down.

Chris Rosene

Second Unit
No BMW 7 series or Ford Expedition (or 81 Jeep CJ :) ) on the list either, so I don't rate. But thats OK, I don't intend to get in a wreck anyways. :crazy:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Chris, I think it's safe to assume that the 3, 5, and 7 series are all very safe.

My 330xi got "Best Pick" :emoji_thumbsup: And with the all-wheel drive, I feel VERY safe in it.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
My '01 Forester stacks up well to similar vehicles of similar age. Add to that the standard AWD and the fact that it doesn't bear an increased rollover risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks