What's new

How does your city rank for worst traffic? (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe Orlando isn't on there! I-4 is just TERRIBLE at all times of the day/night. I try to avoid that highway at ALL COSTS when going to the downtown side of town.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I spend 8 minutes going 3.5 miles, in Boston. No highways, and I leave late, which helps.

If I were to take the route mapquest suggested, it would be closer to 20 minutes, I'd guess.

My friends that have to commute up 128/Rt3 generally take back roads, just so it feels like they're moving, and to avoid the occasional complete gridlock, even though it usually takes a little longer.

MikeDeVincenzo

Stunt Coordinator
Gotta love it. NYC and its 8 million people (and millions more in Northern NJ, LI, and Southern CT) and its not in the top 20.

I've always appreciated the rail network and the subways. Now I appreciate them even more :)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Dave,
I agree about being able to get anywhere in Milwaukee in a relatively short amount of time, especially when compared to other cities. When I was attending grad school in L.A., it usually took me about 1 to 1 1/2 hours to drive 25 miles (from Venice Beach to South Pasadena)to get to school. For some reason, heading back home usually took "only" an hour. That's about 2 to 2 1/2 hours per day in my car vs. about 45 minutes tops back home. I have absolutely no idea how people handle doing it on a permanent basis. The funny thing is that I couldn't stand the disrespect that other drivers had for others on the road more than the actual amount of time spent driving itself.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I spend 1 hour going 54 miles, one way, from Huntington Beach to Rancho Cucamonga, 1 hour 15 minutes for the return trip home. Luckily I am going the opposite direction of the major traffic, I drive a company Dodge Durango and they pay for the gas as well. Given that, the drive is not too bad, I can't really complain.

Peace Out~:D

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Minneapolis 'burbs, west side -

Bicycle - 8.1 miles, 30 minutes, 3x a week.

Auto - 7.4 miles, 18 minutes, twice.

Love it.

:emoji_thumbsup:

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'm lucky, I don't have to take the freeway to go from Long Beach to Orange County to get to work. Takes only 21 minutes.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
It's hell when a horse or a chicken gets loose here in Dayton Oregon
:D :D :D LOL

I drive 20 miles one way... No freeway just highway and surface streets... takes 20-25 min in summer and 25-30 min when school starts. Of course if I get out of the light groove It takes closer to 35-40 min :angry:

I cant believe that Portland outranked Seattle

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
Here in Minneapolis, I spend 25-35 minutes going 20 miles. A bit easier in the morning than the afternoon. Summer can actually be worse than winter because all our construction happens May-October.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Boston should be ranked higher because of the fact that the route you take today could be closed off tommorow. Its aggravating enought to have to wait in traffic (and most of its well outside of the city, I live 25 mi north and the traffic extends to the NH border some days) but then you have the constant exit closings and lane shifts from the Central Artery Project (Big Dig).

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I would say on the whole, Tulsa's traffic isn't that bad.
I would agree, for the most part, except for the fact that Tulsa is ranked on the Top Ten Deadliest Intersections not once, but twice. The first one is but 2 miles from my doorstep at 71st and Memorial.

I don't know if anyone is from the Connecticut area but I95 from New Haven to Stamford is the nastiest God forsaken stretch of highway to ever grace the coast of any state. No matter what time of day it is you can expect bumper to bumper traffic, jackknifed tractor trailors, Cars on fire,and general death and carnage. A close second to this is I91 or I84 in the Hartford area.

NicholasL

Second Unit
Wouldn't NY city be tops? I live in downtown Los Angeles, and it takes me 30-45 minutes to travel 10 miles.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
huh? i would have expected philly to be on the list.
anyone ever drive on the schyukill during rush hour or before or after a sporting event.

or 95 around the PENN'S LANDING area. just ridiculus.

even when it rains just alittle bit, the whole city practically becomes a parking lot because no one here knows how to drive when it rains alittle.
it doesnt help that our local news sends everyone into a panic when it rains in philly.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Here's the list of State Farm's 10 Most Dangerous Intersections (list released June 27, 2001)

01. City: Pembroke Pines, FL
Intersection: Flamingo Road & Pines Boulevard

02. City: Philadelphia, PA
Intersection: Red Lion Road & Roosevelt Boulevard

03. City: Philadelphia, PA
Intersection: Grant Avenue & Roosevelt Boulevard

04. City: Phoenix, AZ
Intersection: 7th Street & Bell Road

05. City: Tulsa, OK
Intersection: 51st Street & Memorial Drive

06. City: Tulsa, OK
Intersection: 71st Street & Memorial Drive

07. City: Phoenix, AZ
Intersection: 19th Avenue & Northern Avenue

08. City: Plano, TX
Intersection: State Highway 121 & Preston Road

09. City: Metairie, LA
Intersection: Clearview Parkway & Veterans Memorial Boulevard

10. City: Sacramento, CA
Intersection: Fair Oaks Boulevard & Howe Avenue

The State Farm Danger Index is determined by the number of crashes at various intersections, how many of those crashes involved injury and the severity of those crashes.

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator
LA's number 1? I'm SHOCKED!

Thankfully, my commute requires no freeway travel(Westside to Marina Del Rey). 15 min. tops.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
oh yea, roosevelt blvd. how could i forget about that thing.
the most frightening road in the U.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks