What's new

How does the SP4805 compare to the LP250 (1 Viewer)

Mark_R_G

Auditioning
My wife and I have decided that Santa will be bringing us a projector this year!

I've decided to (probably) go with the Infocus brand based on what I've read and we use them at my work. During the last couple of weeks I've been borrowing one of my office's LP250 models to watch football games at home. I have the pj mounted on the ceiling about 12 feet from the screen and use a 25ft s-video connection. The room recieves little or no natural light. The picture is really good for DVDs but not near as good for sports and regular TV (source = direct tv). My question is: Will the the X1 or 4805 be significantly better than the LP250 model or am I kidding myself?

Thanks

Mark

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, going by specs alone, the 250 only has 400:1 contrast ratio vs. the 4805's 2000:1. The 250 also does not accept an HD signal, only 480p or 480i. The 250 is also an LCD projector, and an older one at that, meaning black levels will not be as good as the 4805. The 250 also does not have the Faroudja chip (which is important for your standard TV signal), nor the DVI jack for a full digital signal. Does it have component video inputs even? My opinion is you'd be kidding yourself if you thought the 250 was a better machine than the 4805 or the X1!

Oh yeah: The lamp life is 4000 hours for the 4805 and only 2000 hours for the 250.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
You will be welcomed with open arms and negligible hazing rituals. :D

terence

Supporting Actor
Cam,

Great job! You have brought him back from the dark side.

quote:thanks - guess it's time to join the 4805 fraternity!

Mark welcome to the frat house buddy!
thumbsup.gif

terence

Supporting Actor
quote:"Christ 7 years of college down the drain."

quote:Bluto:What?! Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!

Otter:Germans?

Boon:Forget it, he's rolling.

Bluto:It ain't over now! For when the goin' gets tough,..............the tough get going! Who's with me!? LET'S GO! C'MON! OOOOOOOOOOOO!

quote:Dean Wormer: As of now they're on Double SECRET Probation!

quote:I'm a zit.......get it.

quote:FOOD FIGGHT!!!

Man i love that movie!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks