What's new

How does the sound of B&K compare to Rotel? (1 Viewer)

Joe

Stunt Coordinator
Does B&K Ref 50 have a warm sound like Rotel or is it on the bright side. I am considering matching the 50 with Paradigm studio 60s. Thanks again.

Yogi

Screenwriter
B&K amps are warmer sounding than Rotel amps IMHO. They are warm, yet detailed with a full bodied bass and a solid bottom end. With Paradigms B&K would be a better match than Rotel, IMHO but thats only because I like my sound on the warmer side. If you like more of a neutral sound then Rotel would be the way to go. So it all depends on what your ears like. Both are solid value amps that will get you very close to high end sound for a bargain.

Roger Kaufmann

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,

You don't mention which amp you plan on using. I auditioned the Rotel 1066 directly against the Ref 50. The Rotel was using the Rotel 1095 and the Ref 500 the 200.7 both were playing playing through B&W Nautilus 805's. To me the B&K combination was a much warmer, detailed sound than the Rotel. I ended up with a Ref 50, however not with the amp as I already had another solution.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Yogi, you're either talking about Jennifer Lopez or one of those English Stouts!

Joe

Stunt Coordinator
I was actually thinking of using a Rotel 1080 (already own it) for the front 2 Paradigm speakers and a Rotel 1075 for the rest. Now it is a question of a pre/pro or receiver as a pre/pro.

Or possibly, sell the rotel amp and buy the AVR 507.

Yogi

Screenwriter
Chu, I had J Lo in mind when writing this post- full bodied with a solid bottom....:D Damn Chu you are such a perv. (just kidding)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks