What's new

how does the egg cooker work? (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Ok. I made rice tonight. Coincidence? I think not.

And I botched it, amazingly. (I don't have the rice cooker. Only the Egg Cooker. Alas.)

I know in my heart and in my head that you double the water. One cup of rice, two cups of water. Duh. Everyone on the face of the earth knows this. So why did I follow the directions on the stupid bag of rice (half cup of rice, "three quarters of a cup" of water)?

I got that kind of burned rice that you end up adding more water to, even tho then it has to sort of re-cook, and it ends up being awful and "crunchy." Stupid!

Double the water.

:angry:

MC

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I now think the Egg Cooker works by using the Methane Gas produced by Cows. ;)

Hey Micah, I like mushy rice, so I do tend to add more water than what is recommended but I don't use any measurements, per se, I just eyeball it. I use a small 1 lt aluminum pot so I can eyeball how much water to add with X amount of rice (which is measured). I think it's roughly 2 to 1 water to rice, but not precisely sure.

Jay

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
I'm anal about my rice.

1 cup basmati rice
soaked in 2 cups water for 30 minutes
cooked with loose lid for 7.5 minutes
steamed (with tightly fitted lid) over extremely low heat for 10 minutes
heat turned off
left to rest (still covered) for five minutes

I'm equally fastidious about coffee, although the secret really lies in having a very good grinder.

Jessome

Auditioning
Real Name
Robin Jessome
As mentioned by others, egg cookers are simple devices which boil the egg (mostly) electrically. You just simply need to put water, switch on and forget. The egg cooker will auto boil the eggs and shut off.

Seems simple but can save you a lot of time during the morning rush. Would you not agree that even 15 mins saved in the morning is also a life saver every day?

However, if you want to know more about these devices you can visit the below link.
https://foodgear.org/best-egg-cooker-reviews/
https://foodgear.org/best-egg-cooker-reviews/

This particular post explains in details how these devices work and is the article that I read before I picked up my device.

Last edited:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Regarding the rice, two cups boiling water, some salt, one cup rice (any style), 20 minutes on a low simmer. Always works.

No fancy cooker needed, just a basic one quart pot with a lid. Sometimes people make things so difficult when there is really no effort required.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks