What's new

How does PB2-Ultra sound diff from Velo HGS18? (1 Viewer)

KevinYee

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Velodyne HGS-18, along with Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor's for the front and rear surrounds, and a Cremona Center.

I've been contemplating replacing my Velodyne HGS-18 with the SVS PB2-Ultra. My question is how does the PB2-Ultra sound different from the HGS-18?

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
The PB2-ultra will probably have more output than the HGS-18. The drivers are quite low in distortion. You have a very high-end setup, it sounds. Accuracy is important to you. I don't have an SVS and a HGS-18 to compare, so I can't help you on the issue of musical accuracy.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Kevin,

That's some nice gear you have there. I have not heard the HGS18 in the same room that I have my PB2-Ultra, but if you'd like to discuss, feel free to PM with your contact information.

-Robb

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Kevin,

Give this thread a read. It compares the PB-2+ and an HGS-18 Mk II. I doubt many people have experience with the 2Ultra and an HGS-18 yet.

I am a bit biased owning a PB-2+ myself but I did audition an HGS-18 prior to making my purchase. Both are great subs but why pay so much more for equal if not slightly lesser performance in the Velo. Of course the cost difference isn't so great with the 2Ultra but it's a different beast from the 2+.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks