How does one get into advance movie screenings?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Nguyen, Apr 9, 2002.

1. David Nguyen

David Nguyen Stunt Coordinator

It baffles me how guys on AICN, Dark Horizons, etc get into advance movie screenings, often times months before the actual release date. How the heck do they do it?
    Living in Southern California, one would think I'd be exposed to some opportunities, but I've only been approached by guys outside movie theaters once, asking if I wanted to see some Christina Applegate comedy, which I think turned out to be Just Visiting(or something like that.) If anybody out there has some connections, I want in! [​IMG]

2. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Man, if you're in SoCal, just go to UCLA. On Bruin Walk (the main walkway) there's almost always someone going around asking people to go to free screenings.

3. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

I often get approached outside movie theaters, especially in Pasadena and West L.A.

When I worked for a school newspaper, I used to get passes for advance movie screenings all the time. My favorite moment was getting to screen John Water's Serial Mom at the Savoy Pictures screening room with a handful of other school journalists and John Waters, himself. It was too cool!

4. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    When I was going to school in Chicago I had the chance to attend two advance test screenings. The first was Six Degrees Of Separation the second was Crooklyn and Mr. Spike Lee sat one row in front of me. I could have literally tapped him on the shoulder and asked for some popcorn. That was the first time I was star struck.