What's new

How Does One File the Sony Class Action Claim? (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Since the settlement was just approved, the mechanism for submitting a claim probably isn't in place yet. Give it a few weeks and watch for ads in major publications. Class action settlements usually involve stipulated methods for publicizing the claims procedure, particularly in situations where class members aren't likely to be on a list somewhere (as in, e.g., shareholder suits).

I'm leaving this thread open strictly for further posts responsive to the question asked. Comments about the substance of the lawsuit were not solicited and will be deleted as thread-craps. Thanks for your cooperation.

M.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
This started here in CT? right? I wonder how they are going to know if you went to the movie if you don't have a ticket stub?

Hopefully most people paid with credit cards.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure they've already figured out just how much $$ was spent at each theater and have given each theater that amount to be given outso it's probably gonna be one of those "first come-first served" deals where just anyone can get a free $5?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Funny stuff, from that list I only saw the Patriot (what a piece of shite) in the theater, but it actually cost me much more than the $5 I am supposedly entitled to: Tckts for 2 ( > $16), plus that night we saw the movie fairly late, didn't feel like spending an hour in the train, and took a cab back home and ended up with $45 tab 'cause the friggin cabbie didn't know what he was doing.

Of course, I have never heard of David Manning in my life.

So if I showed up saying I saw them all, I would be netting $25 - $30? Hmmmmm.....

--
H

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks