What's new

How does one clean the Gameboy Advance SP's screen without scratching it? (1 Viewer)

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
I recently bought the Gameboy Advance SP. It's screen seems to attract a lot of dust. After playing for a few hours I tried to wipe the dust that had collected off the screen with a cloth and ended up creating tiny scratches on it. I ended up taking it back and getting a new one. Now I'm afraid to even touch the screen. I've had the new one for three days and the dust and dog hair are collecting on the screen. How can I clean the screen without scratching it? Please help!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I usually just take a small soft rag (actually a torn off piece of a t-shirt:)) I keep around for dusting my consoles and gently wipe the dust away. Have yet to damage the screen at all.

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Get one of those little dust brushes that are used for cleaning the dust off of computer monitors.
No way one of those could scratch anything.

EdR

Second Unit
So Barry, do you mean that the SP has a different kind of plastic face over the screen....i.e. more scratch-prone?

I hope this isn't the case. I always thought one of the big advantages of the new design is folding, since the screen is protected while closed...(which might, in turn, be a reason for Nintendo not to use a more scratch-resistant plastic on the screen...hmm).

Anyway, I saw a working SP today for the first time. I own an Afterburner GBA and at first I was disappointed in the SP, I had high expectations...but after i got over that I realized that it's actually pretty nice. It does look better than Afterburner. The most noticable difference is brightness, it could be 50% brighter. I expected it to have a bit more color saturation, but in that dept, it's very similar to the Afterburner – slightly washed out. It is also free of the moire Afterburner is known for. I honestly can't say I see the moire while playing games, but it's there, and the SP is cleaner. Overall, I can't see a reason not to upgrade, unless the formfactor bugs you. It's doesn't bug me at all, smaller is better in this case.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
I use a camera lense cleaner cloth to clean my PDA and LCD on my digital camera. It works great and is cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks