How does NFL Fever compare to NFL2k2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Walburn, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Scott Walburn

I'm torn between these two titles on X-box. I understand that 2k2 doesn't come out till january, but I'm sure it will play the same as it played on dreamcast and ps2. I've heard a real mix of reviews about NFL fever. Some love it and some hate it.

Let me say this, I like madden, but I absolutely worship the NFL2k series. I own 2k1 on dreamcast. I don't believe that it is to arcadey at all. On the highest difficulty the game is so tough. I keep hearing the people that hate Fever saying it is to arcadey. I hate blitz, but I love 2k. How close is Fever to the 2k series, or is it closer to blitz. If it is like the 2k games I will buy it in a minute, but some people have said the average score in a game is like 70-60. If that is the case I don't want it. If I have to turn it to the highest difficulty to get a good game that is fine as long as I get a pretty real game. Anyways, I did a search and most of the threads compare madden with Fever, but I want someone to compare the 2k2 series with NFL fever.

Thanks for the help.

2. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

I don't why people compare Fever to Madden or NFL 2K2? Compare it to NFL Blitz in my opinion.

3. BenS

BenS Stunt Coordinator

4. Charles M

Charles M Stunt Coordinator

Blitz is more like a faster in your face game than Fever. The two are totally different if you look at game play. Blitz has no rules, whereas Fever is like as if you are playig a real NFL football game.

5. Shawn_S

Shawn_S Stunt Coordinator

Well, my big [​IMG] with Fever is some aspects of the gameplay in head to head comp.
    For example, there are one or 2 defensive plays (can't remember the names/formations) that give the inside linebacker a clean shot at your qb in any passing situations. Your guard just stands there as the LB runs right by him [​IMG]
    Another [​IMG] - if you have a scrambling QB (McNabb, Vick, Brooks, Garcia, etc.) you have a big advantage in the passing game. Run outside the pocket...you don't even have to be near the line of scrimage, you can be 20 yards behind the line and your db's abandon coverage [​IMG] Giving up big bomb after big bomb. I lost a game 70-65. Vick had 600+ yards passing. I had 500+ with Jeff George (not because he can scramble, but because Gardner runs by just about everyone).
    It's a shame I have to pick the Titans and use Jevon Kearse every play to sack the qb or make him get rid of the ball fast [​IMG] [​IMG] He's the only DE that can run around any left tackle and sack the qb or make him get rid of it every play. It gets boring after a while [​IMG]
    I really liked Fever when I started playing it, but after picking up some of these...elements, I'm really looking forward to 2K2. Have always liked the Sega series instead of Madden.