What's new

How does ESPN2k5 compare to Madden 05 (1 Viewer)

I was just curious to get some opinions about this years version of these two games. I love them both. I have Madden 02 and 04, and I have NFL2k5 03 and 05 versions. I think this will be the year I have them both in the same season. There are certain things that each game does so well. I used to swear by NFL2k5 which is superb, but I think Madden won me back last year. I think I'm Madden fan ever so slightly, but both games are so damn good.

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Here's IGN's take on Madden. which they scored as a 9.5 and here's their take on NFL2K5. which scored a 9.4.

Frankly for the money, NFL2K5 is hard to beat. Hope that price is a trend.

Peace,

DM

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
2K5 for me. The realism and accurate stats just blows me away. Plus the $19.99 price tag can't be beat. I hope they come back from a sub par year for the NHL2K5.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yep, I tried both and bought NFL2K5. Always bought Madden up 'til now. It would be a tossup were it not for NFL2K5 being $30.00 cheaper.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I totally agree with the Gamespot comparison, at least for XBox. They are dead-on with every part of the evaluation I think. It was amazing as I watched their review because I had already said all those things to myself.

Take the time to adjust to the slightly different play on ESPN and save yourself $30. I bought both and have been playing Madden lately since I had already been trying ESPN. But now after a few weeks I'm ready to go back to ESPN and shelve Madden.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
After getting Madden as a birthday gift a week ago I finaly gave in and opened it. What a mistake THAT was ESPN blows this game out of the water. Something told me I shouldn't listen to those reveiws and I should trade it in for something else but nooooooo dumbass Marc got bored and decided to open it up grrrrrrr. Time to go play a game of ESPN and see what Maddens fetching on Ebay, sonofa...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks