What's new

How does Digital Cable and Satelites look on digital TVs? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I've looked in a lot of show rooms. The regular cable on the Digital WS RPTV's looks pretty bad, but I wouldn't have regular cable. I was thinking of going with some sort of Satelite TV. Does the quality of satelite cable on the set look comparable to DVD quality, instead of looking choppy like regular cable?

Thanks.

Michael Lomker

Stunt Coordinator
Digital cable and satellite look much better than analog cable. The quality really varies from set to set, though. I bought a Panny 34WX50 and feed it digital cable through S-video...the picture it produces is amazing. I actually have trouble distinguishing it from HD 4:3 at times.

I'm also stoked that Showtime and Encore are going to Dolby Digital 5.1 now. I watched U-571 on Encore the other day and the sound was amazing. Digital cable isn't bad other than the inferior aspect ratio.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Woah there.

Digital cable and satellitle will look alright on a smaller set, but nothing close to a good DVD, let alone HD. Blown up any a larger set, it has a lot less noise than analog cable, and the picture is more consistent, but there is a serious lack of resolution, and muted colors.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Digital cable and satellite look much better than analog cable.
Good analog cable crushes Digital Cable and DBS Satellite for picture quality. Unfortunately, many cable companies have crappy analog cable instead of the good kind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks