What's new

How Does DD-EX sound in " The Phantom Menace" ? (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
I'm about to setup a pseudo EX system and to test it, I recently purchased Star Wars EP1 TPM.
What noticeable sounds/scenes would you suggest I look at to properly test my setup and make sure it's working?
Thanks,
Nathan

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Are you using a second (prologic) receiver to process your surround centre channel from your surround channels?
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I hooked up a spare pro-logic reciever to my surround pre-outs and placed it in Dolby 3 Stereo Mode (look at my web site for a full diagram). It really does work. To test it I used the THX test signals on the SW:TPM disc to verify it.
Laters,
[Edited last by Jeff Savage on November 08, 2001 at 12:59 PM]

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
NathanP, I see you followed the advice, good job. Anyway Phantom Menance works so damn well you'd think it's a discrete rear center channel. Just incredible. You should go to Kenwoodusa.com and click on the word Sovereign and request the free Kenwood DVD. It a pretty good sounding DVD especially the THX-EX Tex trailor and the THX Jungle trailer. Both really good.
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...
Link Removed

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Thanks so much guys, your really encouraging me!
Niel- Yes, I'm using a DPL processor
Jerome- Thanks for reminding me! I already have that Kenwood Test cd (Man, Bird is a great band) and I'll do that!
What are some of your favorite scenes in TPM that you guys like with the EX?
Nathan
------------------
"Um, ER, uh, No, it's not a bedroom HT, I just love it so much, I sleep in it."
"Way to go Dallas!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks