What's new

How does Axiom compare to paradigm, B&W, Klipsch... (1 Viewer)

DougO

Stunt Coordinator
Check out AR, PSB, Mirage, Boston Acoustic, Klipsch (some highs here) -- really the list can go on and on (where do you stop?). It took me the better part of 12 hours of serious listening to determine that indeed the M22s were much more listenable compared to the other 4 different pairs of speakers I (still) own.

There were some elements in the other speakers I desired, that the Axioms did not deliver similarly, but I found that there were trade-offs (for instance, drummer riding a cymbal would sound really pronounced and ultra live, but the trade-off was the remainder of the highs were seemingly tweaked up, almost harsh (and turning the treble down helped only so much) -- the main pair of speakers I've owned for the past 6 years were deemed good for HT, but below average for stereo music.

Judge the speaker on its ability to make you want to listen to more music.

KonradN

Stunt Coordinator
ok, i pulled the trigger on the m22ti. I actually came very close to buying the paradigm mini monitors, but my dealer was closed yesterday and after some more research I felt that axiom was the way to go for me. Then i was pondering whether to get the m3ti or m22ti. Some more research showed that the m22ti will offer greater midrange and lower midrange clarity. I am hoping that it will also offer more mid-bass punch. Anyways by going with the m22ti I won't be wondering if I am missing anything by not going with the top-end book shelf.

now I am just looking for some speaker stands. I think anything in the 18-24" range should be sufficient for me. Anybody know where I can get cheap speaker stand? Ideally I only want to spend 20 bucks on a pair of speaker stands but realize that I probably have to spend 30-40.

Larry B

Screenwriter
Eric:

A little hint in evaluating opinions you read though: *everyone* says their speakers sound much better than they cost. It is the single most oft-repated

opinion offered about speakers. As such, it is a totally meaningless cliche. If I had a nickel for every brand of speakers that is reputed to have sound way above its price

point, I could buy a nice B&W Nautilus setup for my HT. Apparently, all speakers now "sound better than they cost." That makes no sense of course, and is likely caused

by a combination of owner bias and the fact that speakers these days in general are almost all good values as *compared* to say speakers made 15 years ago.
Right you are. Such statements are almost as meaningful as the ever-popular "I bought so-and-so brand and I couldn't be happier."

Why can't everyone just abandon the hyperbole and simply state that they are pleased with their puchase?

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks