How does Amazon.CA ship to US?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carlo Medina, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Hi All,

Just placed an order through Amazon.ca and used their "Standard International" shipping. I was given no tracking number for my shipment. My question is: how is this shipped within the US? Do they have a partnership with USPS or UPS or FEDEX? Is it some totally random courier? How is their delivery service policy, especially if no one is home during work hours?

Thanks!

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You wouldn't get tracking till it physically shipped anyway. Probably it will go Canada post to the USPS

3. Carlo Medina

Thanks Jeff, it did physically ship (according to Amazon.ca) but it seems the "regular" shipping option doesn't involve the use of a tracking number. I guess I needed to buy expedited shipping for that. I would be more than happy if they partnered with one of the U.S. couriers like UPS or FEDEX, but USPS would be most preferred as my mailman knows where to put packages securely that don't fit in the mailbox.

Thanks for the 411

4. Carlo Medina

Just an FYI to everone. Got my shipment via USPS (I know because the mailman knew to drop it over the balcony into a secure area). So Canada International partners up w/ USPS (at least to California)...

5. Gui A

Gui A Supporting Actor

I'd just like to point out how it's weird that some Canadians order from Amazon.com to get original English U.S. covers, and some Americans order from the .CA site to get cheaper prices.

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Gui, it is odd
    But not all things are mucked up [​IMG] I've found that every box set I've bought has been identical. THere are a few TV movies I've wanted that I've gotten from Canada simply because they aren't available here (Witness to the Execution, Bumblebee FLies anyway)