Directors How do you want to be buried/disposed of when you die?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by David Galindo, Jun 12, 2004.

1. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

For me, its a closed casket. I hate open casket funerals- too sad, and slightly eerie.

There are a number of ways to have a funeral these days- I wonder if any of you have given thought to the inevitible? (One such method is having your cremated remains poured into fireworks, then sent into the sky for one last show. Seriously.)

Here's some cool options-

http://www.finalarrangementsnetwork....scattering.htm

Since I'm only 19, its kinda early to think about this...but you never really know. What about you?

2. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Definitely cremation.

What happens to my body after I'm gone is of basically no consequence to me, but I see no reason to take up space in the ground, and particularly no reason for my wife and son to have to pay a ton of money for it. I want a no-frills inexpensive cremation, followed by a wake with lots of Beatles and other great music, and maybe a screening of some great comedy. Maybe The Trouble With Harry. [​IMG]

3. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

My wife has already told me she'll have me cremated, but I would prefer to be buried in a flimsy wooden box waiting for the day when I can arise as a zombie. I've also thought about a mausoleum or catacombs.

I was thinking of a showing of Ikiru afterwards...

4. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer
    Supporter

Carl III
    I'm with George, I want to be disposed of quickly and economically. Best case scenario would be to donate the body to science.

5. Lynda-Marie

Lynda-Marie Supporting Actor

Carl, you will love my sig, then! [​IMG]

Seriously, with me, I think I will go the cheap route, and have myself cremated.

When my father passed away, my mom and I were in a REAL financial bind, since he was the major breadwinner, and mom had not worked since before I was born. So we had him cremated, and since the friggin' communists were still in charge of his native Czechoslovakia, we decided to lay him to rest here. We were trying to figure out a place, and suddenly, mom suggested Mount Ranier. We could not get all the way to Paradise, since the snow was pretty thick on the ground, but we did get as high as Longmire. We found a tiny little creek in a grove of trees, and as we looked back, we could plainly see the mountain between the trees. We decided that he would have loved it, and scattered his remains right there. I read my favorite Psalm, and left him to nourish the place he had so loved.

As for myself, there is a spot out on the peninsula called Kalaloch, where we'd go camping when I was a kid. About two miles north of the camp ground proper, are a couple of very big rocks, and I need to make out my will to have whoever will be doing the scattering do so from the top of or otherwise near those rocks. I love the idea of at least my physical remains being there always, to watch over those rocks.

6. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Donate organs, cremate whats left. Good line from a movie or tv show. "When I die, don't make a fuss. Just prop me up in a corner with my hat on".

7. David Galindo

David Galindo Screenwriter

Interesting how many of you want cremation. I never really considered it an option.

You could have your cremated remains formed into jewlery, also.

http://www.gemhut.com/pdcrmtnjwlry.htm

Why on earth anyone would wear this is beyond me [​IMG]

8. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

When my ex-friends sister died,they cut off some of her hair during the wake and had it put in those cylinder thingees.These are small glass ones. You can see the hair inside them.

They wear them as necklaces.

I dont really mind a wake as it gives everyone a chance to say adios, but after that,definitely cremated.

My brother wants to be cremated, and the ashes put in a balloon. When it gets high enough in the atmosphere itll pop and the ashes will be disapate in the air.

My brother is a idiot with too much time on his hands.

9. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

On the contrary. That's extremely clever.

Reading through these, it seems as though I would like to be cremated and scattered somewhere meaningful. Being only 17, I really don't have any ver significant place in mind, but there's always time (knock on wood).

...How bout a showing of Poltergeist after?[​IMG]

10. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Prop me up in a closet so I can fall out and scare little children... I will be their worst nightmare.....

11. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Prop me up in a closet so I can fall out and scare little children... I will be their worst nightmare.....

12. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    After seeing a news report on this subject I decided cremation was the way to go. Burial in a box just made no sense - yeah, let's dispose of the body but make it as difficult as possible for it to go through the natural processes! Plus the cost made no sense. I have been thinking of working up a will, so I'm definitely going to specify cremation. As far as where to scatter the ashes, I don't care. Throw them out in the street. It's all the same to me (or will be).

13. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    After seeing a news report on this subject I decided cremation was the way to go. Burial in a box just made no sense - yeah, let's dispose of the body but make it as difficult as possible for it to go through the natural processes! Plus the cost made no sense. I have been thinking of working up a will, so I'm definitely going to specify cremation. As far as where to scatter the ashes, I don't care. Throw them out in the street. It's all the same to me (or will be).

14. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Cremation for me as well. Just make REAL sure I'm dead before sliding me into the fire... [​IMG]

I'd like my ashes scattered from Angel's Landing in Zion NP. [​IMG]

15. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Cremation for me as well. Just make REAL sure I'm dead before sliding me into the fire... [​IMG]

I'd like my ashes scattered from Angel's Landing in Zion NP. [​IMG]

16. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    no wonder you dont want to be buried! [​IMG]

CJ

17. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    no wonder you dont want to be buried! [​IMG]

CJ

18. EricKH

EricKH Agent

I take the Klingon approach here. It is an empty shell, dispose of it as you see fit

19. EricKH

EricKH Agent

I take the Klingon approach here. It is an empty shell, dispose of it as you see fit