What's new

How do you store/display your laserdiscs? (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Hey all-

I just recently got into laserdisc, and I will probably end up having 12-15 good solid titles including the Star Wars Trilogy, Indiana Jones, etc. Thus far, I have them stacked on top of my player. Since they don't fit will in a "shelf" format, how do you all store and display your lasers? Thanks for the help!

-Tom

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Keep them in their sleeves and when not in use. Don't leave them in the LD player. Also, keep them upright. Don't lay them flat.Don't stack them on your player, especially when in use. The slight warmth of the player could warp them slightly, although that's unlikely. I just keep my on my floor next to my DVD shelf. I have them sitting up right stacked against one another.

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
Besides what Terrell has suggested you want to keep your LD's in a low humidity enviroment especially if you live in a humid area, being that they are more prone to laser rot in humid conditions.
Since I have a good sized LD collection that I treasure dearly I keep my platters in a Odyssey Pro Dj carpeted LP case to protect them from everyday elements.
bodymov'n :cool:

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Any decent LP case should work. I have two identical equipment racks with adjustable shelves. One holds equipment, the other holds my LD's and videotapes in those pull out drawers that you can get anywhere. (DVD's I keep elsewhere)

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
How do you store/display your laserdiscs
Upright on lots of shelves. Oversize box sets on their own shelves large enough to accomodate them. I display certain titles as wall hangings using window box/frames designed for LP records, as the cover art on some LDs is quite spectacular. The discs for these diplays are stored in blank sleeves with the rest of the discs (all in alphabetical order).

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I've got a few hanging on the walls in nice LP picture frames. Got the THX SW trilogy and IJ trilogy hanging up. They were dupes so I put them to good use instead of selling them. Cooler than posters. Now if I could just find a larger frame where I could display the cover and LD side by side, like those gold LP awards, then that'd be way cool!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I have a couple of metal LP flip racks that hold my remaining discs quite nicely, thank you. It holds standard box sets quite well. Oversized boxes are kept on a shelf, spine facing out.

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
I've got mine in a couple of black aluminum magazine racks I found at Staples. Work well for flipping through, they look good, and they were cheap.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
My LDs, in their dust jackets, go in the covers sideways, then the cover slides down in a vinyl sleeve.
All the LDs are stored fairly tightly,just above the LPs on a 12" deep shelf, there just happened to be one in a nearby hallway.
Record store style plastic header cards with the alphabet on them keep everything very organized.
It's really the only organized place in my whole house. ;)
Jim

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I have mine in plastic laserdisc bags, standing upright on the bottom of my dvd shelf.

Capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks