What's new

How do you organize your collection? (1 Viewer)

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
I feel a little "odd man out" here among everyone else. My collection is somewhat haphazard. I have a few series together, like Star Wars or the Hannibal movies, but the rest are more or less in the order I've bought them. After reading how everyone else does it I'm thinking of trying something else. Just need to schedule some time. LOL Plus, since it's late at night it may only be funny to me but I thought "with my hands" would be a good answer. :D

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
Wow, I feel like a slob after reading this. The only organization my collection has is a loose attempt to organize by formats. I keep by Blu Ray and HD DVD separate, although mixed, from the rest of my DVDs, which have no organization whatsoever. I also make some effort to keep my SACDs and DVD-As separate, but that's a losing battle. Of course, keeping the vinyl separate isn't a problem, and I don't have any cassettes anymore. :D

eiker_ir

Auditioning
mine goes like this:

- Movie box sets in one shelve in alphabetical order

- Music DVDs (Concerts, Documentaries, whatever) in another area in alphabetical order

- Wrestling DVDs in another shelve, PPVs in chronological order and then the special wretler's dvds/documentaries/etc in alphabetical order

- TV shows in one shelve in alphabetical order

- The rest are movies in alphabetical order except for sequels that go after the first one no matter the name (ex.: Army of Darkness is in the "E" section after Evil Dead 1 and 2)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
To me this is the simplest way to go. Like you I have my collection entered in a spreadsheet. I let Excel do all the thinking for me. When family and friends are interested in borrowing DVDs I just give them a printout of my list of DVDs. I also printout a listing by genres in case they are looking for a particular genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks