What's new

how do you listen to music on tv? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i guess this is as good a place as any.

lately i've been watching a lot of "sessions at west 54th", so i started wondering how i should be listening to regular music (excluding hi-res stuff).

for the most part, i'm using pro-logic (my receiver doesn't have dd/dts) - but i sometimes feel it anchors too much to the center. but then again, the singer should be coming from the center...right?

then when i kick it into stereo, the sound is (obviously) more full, but then i lose that center anchor that i sorta like. however, it is music we're listening to - so it should be stereo...right?

so, i'm just curious...how do you all listen?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
When I had digital cable, I used to check out MTV-X every now and again. I would put my receiver on stereo (usually on pro-logic for TV).

TomCW

Second Unit
I watch Sessions, ACL and Soundstage via DTV. Sometimes the guide says that Soundstage is in Dolby Surround (pro-logic), but I always listen in stereo. DPL seems to put to much into the center, like you say. I feed my receiver digital audio from the sat, so I use a mode (Sony - AFD) that engages the subwoofer, as most TV audio is a little bass shy.
Sounds pretty good most of the time.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks