1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you know what type of card you have?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tan_U, Nov 7, 2001.

1. Tan_U

Tan_U Stunt Coordinator

I have dishnetwork top 100 program with the Echostar 301 receiver, how do I know what kind of card I have, I'm sure this is a stupid question.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    The type of access card you have has nothing to do with your programming UNLESS you have hacked the card. If you want to add or change programming, just call Dish's 1-800 number and talk to a CSR.
    -Robert

3. SteveK

SteveK Supporting Actor

Ted- Unless you upgrade to the Dish 500 system, you may not accomplish much by upgrading to the America's Top 150 package, as some of the additional channels are on a different satellite. The Dish 500 has a slightly larger dish and a second LNBF, so it is able to receive signals from both satellites. I believe you can use the Dish 500 system with your existing 301 receiver, but you may decide to upgrade receivers as well. I think right now if you buy the PVR501 for $199, you can get a free upgrade to the Dish 500 package. Your only commitment is to subscribe to the Top 150 package for a year.
    I already had the Dish 500 system, but for me the upgrade was worthwhile just to get the PVR501. I think they're still running the special, but I'm not sure.
    I'm sure Dish Network will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Enjoy.
    Steve K.