What's new

How do you know if receiver has analog bypass? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I have been reading alot on this forum about sacd and dvd-audio. Which has also triggered questions about analog bypass mode to playback sacd. How do you know if your receiver is in that mode? I would assume that when you have your player hooked up to the 5.1 inputs on your receiver that you are getting the pure analog signal with no manipulation, but when hooked up to cd in on your receiver, how do you know if it is being converted or being passed strait through? I have the Marantz SR-9200 and it does have something called A/D, which stands for analog direct mode, does this mean I am getting the pure sacd signal in that mode? Thanks.

JaleelK

Second Unit
I have been reading alot on this forum about sacd and dvd-audio. Which has also triggered questions about analog bypass mode to playback sacd. How do you know if your receiver is in that mode? I would assume that when you have your player hooked up to the 5.1 inputs on your receiver that you are getting the pure analog signal with no manipulation, but when hooked up to cd in on your receiver, how do you know if it is being converted or being passed strait through? I have the Marantz SR-9200 and it does have something called A/D, which stands for analog direct mode, does this mean I am getting the pure sacd signal in that mode? Thanks.>>>>

Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks