What's new

How do you hard reset on a Sony Clie? (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Somehow there was a piece of software installed both on the stick and the unit which caused a conflict when I hotsynced and now I've got to do a "hard" reset. Any input appreciated, thanks!

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
You need to put a little pin thing in the back of the clie. Your stylus should have some sort of thing on it to push in the little button. Sorry this is so vague, I can't find mine at the moment.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
No, a HARD reset. You have to press the reset button and the power button in some order, I've been playing with it for a couple of days now and can't seem to get it.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
The FAQ on the SonyStyle website says to hold down the power button while pressing the reset button with the stylus.

A slightly more detailed version.
1. While pressing the the power button, press the reset button.
2. Release the reset button.
3. Release the power button. Check that the display inquiry wether to erase all data appears.
4. Press the scroll-up button for at least 5 seconds. Check that the unit restarts.
5. Press the power button to turn off the power.

Of course , if the operating system has been corrupted you'll have to have a servicer rewrite it to the bios. No amount of resetting will correct that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks