What's new

How do you handle you money? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For currency in your wallet, is it organized (making sure all the bill are all oriented in one direction with the denominations separated), or do you just stuff the bills into the wallet?

I tend to be anal about this, and always organize the bills in the wallet.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I have done the "right side, up denomination small to large" wallet thing since I was a cashier in High School. I can't explain it, it is just the way I was trained to think about money.
Anyone know where I can get some? ;)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I'm terrible with cash.. I usually end up with crumpled bills in each pocket... which makes it embarassing when it comes time to actually pay for something. ("hold on.. >crumple< >crinkle< I think I have a 5 in this pocket..")

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I have a beatup two fold leather buxton wallet with a divider and although I don't align the bills or make them all face one way, I do separate the larger bills from the smaller bills. I'll keep any $10s, $20s or higher in the back and keep all the $5s and $1s in the front. Just makes it a little easier when paying at the cashier and makes giving out $10s when meaning to give out a single a bit harder. :)
Although I had to duct tape the wallet awhile ago and the divider is all shot to hell, it's still functional.
Jay

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I don't keep the bills all facing the same way, but I do keep all the different denominations together.

But I buy just about everything with my debit card now. Every few weeks I'll add a couple 20's to my wallet so that I do have some cash if the place I'm at doesn't have debit.

Mind you sense I'm a student I don't have any service charges on my debit card. Is that going to be different when I'm done school? I've never actually looked into it.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
I do sequence and arrange the bills right side up. I never put cash in my wallet. Always goes in my front pocket. I figure if anyone ever lifts my wallet, they don't get everything I'm carrying.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
Money? What money? I have a daughter in college....

Mine is all facing the same way, all dog ear folds removed and in ascending order by denomination...

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I use the barter system but I too sufer from the same anal tendencies. I have a small leather pouch for the smaller items (teeth, rabbits feet, feathers, etc.), and a larger pouch for the larger items (whole chickens, dried gords, etc.)

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
I put it (when I have it) wherever. Every once in a while I'll find some in:

a drawer, under some clothes - last time was a $100

different jackets - every summer when I'm low on cash I check the winter clothes

stashed somewhere in the car, sometimes in the trunk

the laundry room

the CD rack

and my wallet has never been neat and tidy - I've got a much smaller version of Geoge Castanza's wallet.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Like many of you guys, I'm pretty anal about this and keep the bills in order and oriented the same way. Makes it easier to know how much cash you have on hand and find the bills you need, IMO.

I use my debit card now in places where folks still use checks (haven't written a check in years), because it's faster. I still tend to use cash at movie theaters, fast-food joints, etc. because that's the norm there and cash in small amounts is still the fastest transaction. Drives me crazy when I'm in line at the theater & someone in front of me pulls out a credit card for a $4.50 matinee ticket.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I pay for almost everything with my credit card, but if I do have cash in my wallet, it'll be organized neatly. But I rarely have cash in my wallet :frowning: , so I don't worry about it too much.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Cash is dead. I don't use cash for hardly anything. Everything is paid for with my bank card. The most I EVER have in my wallet is probably $20.00

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
You know, now that I think about it. If was in the US I probably would have it all facing the same way and ordered by denomination. But in Canada all the bills are different funny colors. So I don't need to see the number to see what it is worth.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I never understood why people use debit cards. I have never used mine that is also my atm card. I either charge everything or if I'm doing fast food or something that usually is paid for in cash I use cash. Why use debit and have to pay right then when you can use credit and pay at the end of the month?

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I don't carry cash. Use my debit card for everything. On the rare occasion that I do have cash, it's because I've stopped at an ATM on my way to buy something and am going to spend it immediately. As such, I take the time to carefully crumple it with my fist and shove it in my pocket as I'm pulling away from the ATM. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks