How do you guys secure the speakers onto stands?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Antonio, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Antonio

Antonio Extra

I have a pair of Paradigm Atoms as my surrounds and a set of Sanus 300 stands. All I have to do is figure out a way to secure the speakers onto the stands so they don't slip or get bumped off or something like that. I don't think anyone drills holes into their speakers so do you guys use velcro stickers or something? All ideas are usual welcome.

~Antonio

2. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Antonio,something that will work very well is double sided foam tape,if you have a local automotive paint supplier in your area you can get it in various sizes fairley cheep and this stuff will hold just about anything,just make sure the surface dosent have any polish or anything like that on it first. You can find the same type of stuff at just about any store but the automotive grade stuff is much stronger and will come off in one peice if needed.
    In fact I can give you a part # its made by 3M its called Scotch-Mount part#051131 it is a 1/2 in wide by 5 yd roll hope this helps out.[​IMG]

3. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

4. AaronMg

AaronMg Stunt Coordinator

^ ^ I use that stuff, its great! You can actually pick up the speaker without the stand falling off. If you go to your local HT store, they might give you a few pieces for free.

5. Walt N

Walt N Second Unit

This stuff from Office Depot is virtually identical to Blue-Tack at 1/10th the price. Works great for sticking speakers to stands. Very secure bond yet removes without a trace.

6. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

Blu-tac in retail stores is about 4 dollars. AA is just asking a premium for it. I found a yellow variant for about the same price at Home Depot.

7. Bob U

Bob U Stunt Coordinator

Just a caveat on Blue Tack. I had to move my speakers this weekend after six years on their stands - needed more room for my SVS subs that are coming. One speaker released fairly well from the stand withthe help of a friend. The Blue Tack on the speaker near the window actually took the paint and a little wood with it. Seems that the extra sun and heat had really hardened it.

When I try to remove it in the future, i will try a hair dryer to see if warming it will make it easier to remove the speaker from the stand with no damage.

-=Bob=-

8. BruZZi

BruZZi Second Unit

9. Rick Guynn

Rick Guynn Second Unit

My speakers (Audax HT series) weigh about 45lbs a peice, they will not move from their stands [​IMG]
    Rick

10. John Royster

John Royster Screenwriter

screws.

'dem son-of-a-guns ain't goin' no'er.

seriously.

11. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

Another sure-fire vote for Blu-Tak or Fun-Tak. No need to look any further than this.

/Jeff

12. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I like blu-tac and it's variants, but as noted, over time and temp, it can harden. I prefer a thin, double sided foam tape, which can be found at any hardware store for around $1-$2.

13. SHAWN SZILEZY

SHAWN SZILEZY Stunt Coordinator

My Atlantic Tech's actually have threaded inserts to which I installed screws into through my speaker stands. Works great...very solid.

14. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

1) I used 1" wide velcro on the bottom of JBL N24's and 5" x 5" top plate of my 31" Sanus Basic Foundation Speaker Stand.
    2) Nothing except the supplied 4 triangle rubber adhesive speaker pads supplied w/my 16" Sanus Basic Foundation Speaker Stand 7" x 7" top plate and JBL S26 (22 lbs).
    Soon to be replaced with an 18" Tri-Pillar MDF Black Speaker Stands
    [​IMG]
    that I won @ eBay for $16.50. I'll probably use the supplied Speaker cushions on the Top Platform (1/2" thick and measures 6-1/2" x 6-3/4").
    Phil

15. Antonio

Antonio Extra

Thanks guys for the suggestions!