What's new

How do you find time? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I've always had this attitude as well. Being a former "toy" collector (mainly Star Wars and Sports action figures), I figure, collecting DVD's is MUCH better than any other collection because you actually get use out of them. I mean, it's not like I ever PLAYED with my Star Wars figures, yet there they sat on the shelf (or in a box) collecting dust. Their only purpose was to be 'seen' as a collection and that was it, yet I still paid hundreds of dollars to collect them. At least with DVD's, I get 'use' out of them as well as being a collection, so it's a double bonus.

So if it helps, stop looking at your DVD collection as something you have to watch in order for them to be 'worth' the money you paid for them. Look at them as a "collection" and the actually viewing of them is the added bonus. This way, your unwatched DVD's aren't being seen as "a waste of space (or money)", they'll be seen as ALREADY serving their purpose. :D

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Personally, I got into this hobby because I love film and I love WATCHING films. This an important facet of my life. If I couldn't find the time to actually view the films I'm purchasing on DVD I'd have to change my lifestyle to accomodate my needs. For me, buying DVDs just to see them sitting on a shelf still sealed in shrinkwrap would be a total waste of time and money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks