How do you fight the flu?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dome Vongvises, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Personally, I sleep in bed all day and have delirious dreams where I'm a CPA or a truck driver in Neveda. Add some OJ and wonderful drugs, and I'm pretty much out of the loop. How do you combat the flu?

2. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

I do it the same way, although I usually dont get any benefit from drugs. I drink alot of OJ and water, like a gallon of each a day. Also I eat alot of eggs when I am sick, it seems to help. When I was kid our doctor told my mom that eggs were good for fighting the flu.

3. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Tons of ruby red grapefruit juice not from concentrate with some pulp [​IMG] . If I feel any kind of sickness coming on, I cook like mad, using loads and loads of fresh garlic. Roasted chicken, hearty tomato sauce pastas, whatever, just so long as I got lots of fresh garlic continuously flowinm through me. Gotta love it! And for the knockout, yeah, NyQuil. [​IMG]

4. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

You basically have to wait it out. Get a flu shot next year and if you still catch the flu head to your doctor on the onset of symptoms and ask for either Relenza or Tamiflu. These are very new drugs on the market that will shorten the duration of the flu infection.

Jeff

5. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    I usually pump my body with tons of Vitamin C. I gargle with listerine, this usually helps to minimize sore throats for me. Then a lot of rest and plenty of fluids.

6. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

It's too late to fight it now. To prevent contracting it in the first place - WASH YOUR HANDS CONSTANTLY. [​IMG]

7. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
    I megadose on Vitamine C and E. If I've got a soar throat, I drink a lot of Tea with raspberry. Beacause raspberry is supposed to sooth the throar. TheraFlu is also very good for the flu.
    But the best thing to do, is not get the flu in the first place. [​IMG]
    I've lucked out. All I've got in a while has been colds. I'm due for a good flu, and I dont want it!

8. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I just suck it up and deal with it. I ain't got time to be sick. Unless I'm on my death bed life goes on as normal for me. Pop a few cold drugs in the morning and take some with me. I'm good to go.

9. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Eh, I get the flu like once every four years. Well, time for another four years to pass before I get another one.