What's new

How do you feel Salt Lake City did? (1 Viewer)

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I can't take the credit or blame as I personally had nothing to do with the winter Olympics other than live in the SL County but was just wondering what your thoughts were?

Wes

Steve Owen

Second Unit
Like others, our view of Salt Lake City was via TV, but my wife and I were commenting last night that we thought the games were the best we could remember. The facilities looked top notch and the scenery was absolutely amazing.
Link Removed has a lot to live up to now...
-Steve

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
I as well live close to SLC and was quite proud of the games. I did not have anything to do with the success or failure of the games like Wes but I work with a lot of people who volunteered their time.

Kyle Richardson

Acoustic Visions

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Quite impressive!!

The overall feel was of a very classy slick show.

Brent

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
They did great. NBC screwed up some things, and the whole doping thing at the end with the cross-country skiers left a bad taste in my mouth, but that wasn't their fault. Good job!:emoji_thumbsup:
Of course, had they kept Donny and Marie out of the closing ceremonies, I would've given two thumbs up. :)
/Mike

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
This is more of a comment on NBC's coverage rather than SLC's setup. I liked the coverage more than any olympics in a long time. They toned down the special interest lovey dovey fest that made the Sydney games a complete debacle as far as I'm concerned. I think some of the NBC execs finally got a partial clue as to what the public really wants instead of what they think we should want. They actually had some live coverage which was a big plus, but I think this was only because the event times corresponded to when American's are watching TV (obviously since the events were in the US). I'm afraid we'll be watching 12 hour old events come the next summer and winter games in Europe.

Still, they need far more live coverage. I remember staying up late for the 88 games when I was about 11 and watching boxing matches and other events which I'm pretty sure were live. That was very cool. They need to keep moving back twords covering it as a sporting event instead of packaging it as some kind of drama. Sports provide the drama on thier own. I wish NBC would figure that out.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I thought this winter olympics was great. I still hate that NBC saves most of the events for prime time and doesn't show them live, but the fact that I could just watch them live during the day on cnbc or msnbc made up for it.

Michael Silla

Second Unit
I think we did well. Downtown was simply "alive" - I've never seen it look and feel the way it did. I'm kinda going through some "post-olympic" blues myself. I wish I could have afforded to go to those closing ceremonies last night.

I also wish that we had the option of seeing the CBC's olympic coverage. Especially considering yesterday's awesome Gold medal game. Maybe I'll work on getting a dish setup for the next winter olympics in Torino....

Michael.

Alex S

Second Unit
I give Salt Lake City a Gold Medal.
It was the best Winter Olympics I've seen.
Utah looks like a beautiful place to live and visit.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the technical aspects of the games were very well done. However, by the end of the games I was getting quite tired of the whole affair. The constant complaining from almost everyone:the Russians, the Canadians;), the press, the great one!, etc. I felt the whole good feeling the Olympics are suppose to have vanished. I don't think I will ever be able to take the Salt Lake games serious becasue of the whole bribery scandel, however, I am not singling out the city of Salt Lake, since probably ever city since 1900 has been involved in bribing officials. I'm looking for a fresh start in the winter of 2010, after what will most likely be problematic games in Athens and of course after the human rights violation games in 2008.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I thought that Salt Lake City did a great job! The location looked beautiful and CBC's live coverage was top notch! One of the best Olympics I've ever seen.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Thumbs up to the SLC games - pretty much on par with Calgary in 88 !! :)
Actually I think you guys did a great job, and have many lasting memories and facilities. How long do those murals stay up? Those were quite spectacular.
Thumbs down to NBC coverage where you could see "Live" skiing under bright clouds and sunshine at 11.30 at night. I checked into NBC occasionally and NOTHING was live. The closest thing I saw was delayed by only half an hour.
Thumbs up to CBC coverage, with most days coverage starting at 9AM. If you watched all day you would see almost EVERY thing that took place that day. Plus they had coverage of the concerts at night in their entirety at 1am my time. I watched most of them.
On the whole, top notch games Salt Lake City!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks