What's new

how do you exactly use a projection screen ,,, read on (1 Viewer)

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
No, when talking video projectors, they take video from whatever you feed em, DVD, VHS, TV, computer, whatever.

FILM projectors are *quite* rare for HT. Though there are some that DO use 35mm projectors, etc in a home theater.

Keep in mind that for instance, an RPTV *IS* a projector.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Anywhere from $500, to 200K, depending on type, quality, etc. I know you are new to this, so you'll need to explain your room situation, etc, to know what might be right for you if you want a projector.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Um, the less you know, the more info you provide us with, the more we can help you. That still doesn't answer the zillion questions that determine whether you can or want to do FP, and what type.

Do you have light control? If so how much? What kind of screen size might you want? **What is your budget?** Are you computer-competent and willing to setup/use an HTPC? What types of things will you use the display for: movies only? Tv? games? etc? Do you own the home, or can otherwise cut a hole in the ceiling to bolt up a CRT? How much do you know and care about PQ? If you are not willing to do CRT projection, then the easier digitals have different pluses and minuses too. Do you see rainbows on DLP, and does it bother you? yadda yadda. If I were you I'd also peruse the various display forums at AVS, there's ton's of good info divided up between technologies of displays in general, at least to get a good feel for what is out there, and the strengths/weaknesses.

My recommendation is to read, read, read, research, read some more, and provide us as much info as possible.

If you just want no-fuss, and all of it taken care of, there are many local HT shops that can do it all for you, but you 1) won't know or learn anything 2) will be paying a LOT of $$.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Look.

It's ok to be new to HT, as I've seen from your previous posts. I am happy answering basics questions, but I'm not going to write you a book about HT and projectors and how they work, and all the different possible ways to build your HT.

So I suggest again, you either take a gigantic chunk of money and have a pro do it all for you; or be willing to learn some along the way, which involves reading & learning, and providing information about what you are trying to do.

I still have no idea of what you want, or what budget you have.

Perhaps you should do some reading first, have you read the Primer and FAQ in the basics forum?

You can link to it here:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=120328

And you should probably also try to find a book that explains some HT Basics, such as this, or one of the similar titles listed there, so that you at least have a clue:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

If there are specific things you don't understand, I'm sure people are willing to explain them, but we are not your custom HT designers; people make a living doing that. I would be more than happy to point you in lots of different directions for more information on specific things, or explain things that I know, such as some of the different display technologies, such as CRT versus DLP, LCD, and the other digital projectors out there. But if you don't know a little bit about what I'm talking about, it's pretty difficult to be helpful at all. It wouldn't be out of line to expect you to at least try a google search, or a search here on terms that might be confusing, or at least ask about what specifically confuses you...

Saying "gee I want a big screen," then saying "i guess i dotn want to do any of it " isn't very helpful.

We don't know your budget, what kind of room you have, what you are trying to do, what you are willing to undertake, nor what you expect. What am I supposed to say...

I apologize for being harsh. :frowning:

/end rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks