How do you decide used prices?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by millercv, Feb 5, 2002.

1. millercv

millercv Second Unit

I have a large number of DVDs I may be putting up here and was wondering what standards everyone used for pricing?

Thanks,

Chris M.

2. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

See what's the cheapest you can get it at the store and knock off some dollars off. Now BLOCKBUSTER sells their used dvds with only $2 off what you can get the same dvd new, that's a rippoff![​IMG]

3. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Depending on the title, demand, and condition, they are roughly 40-50% of MSRP.

Blockbuster at times offers very low prices on used DVDs. Recently they were selling Traffic and The Fast and Furious for under $8.00. In the past, I remember they were selling Sixth Sense: CE and Sleepy Hollow at similar prices. The key is to wait for their 25% off used DVD prices.

5. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
    I always just come up with a price that sounds reasonable for a DVD. Most people have somewhat of a clue for what the MSRP is, or what most stores are charging for a disc.

I just go from there. It also depends on demand too. For example, if I was going to sell a brand new DVD that I opened a few days ago and the movie just released the previous Tuesday. You can usually ask close to what the store value is. Probably in the neighborhood of $18 shipped (maybe a buck or two cheaper) for a DVD you paid $19.99 plus tax for.

If I'm trying to unload a whole mess of discs fast. Price them around the $10-12 range, and a lot of people will jump on deals like that. But for the most part, I just come up with a reasonable offer and post the price. From time to time, I'll get counter offers and or people asking for a package deal. Consider it, and take that off if you find it to be fair.

With no other options. There is always eBay. However, I've done lots of 20-40 movies at a time. They always seem to end up around $10 a disc though.