What's new

How do you connect for 6.1 with REF 50? (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
My room is too small for a 7.1 set-up but I wanted to try mounting a rear center channel for 6.1. I know I can set the Reference 50 up for having one speaker in the rear, but how is the signal output to an amp? The manual doesn't seem to say and I was wondering if I have to connect just the Rear left, or rear right, or is there some other way?

Thank you for your help, everyone,
George

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
George,

If it doesn't state in the manual, try this. Set up the Ref50 for a single rear speaker, then enter the speaker calibration menus. Hopefully, only one rear speaker (left rear or right rear) with show up when you go through the calibration steps. Connect to whichever one shows up in the calibration menu (fingers crossed that this will work on the Ref50!).

Michael

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
George,

The table at the top of page 25 in the Ref50's owner's manual describes your rear channel options (none, 1 large, 1 small, 2 large, 2 small). When using a single rear speaker, use the Left Rear output (Surround Back Left).

Michael

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Michael,

Thank you. I've looked through that book a billion times now and I still missed it. I plan on trying out 6.1 this weekend!

Thanks again,
George

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks