How do you change ATI AIW 7500 Recording Save-To Location?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MichaelGarcen, Jul 31, 2002.

1. MichaelGarcen

MichaelGarcen Auditioning

Ok, so i just got one installed and setup. Damn it's nice lookin, can't believe the quality. But there are a couple of issues i would like to resolve:

1) How in the world do you change the default recording save location???? I've looked practically everywhere and can't find it. It defaults to My Documents, but i don't have much space on C & want it on D. Any ideas?

2. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

Although this is not exactly what you're looking for, if it means that much I would recommend getting a third-party package that works with the AIW 7500, like Ulead's Media Studio Pro, or the less expensive Director's Cut (as they call it).

I have the AIW 7500 and I have complete control over where I write files. I don't even use the software that was included with it.

However, realistically, it would probably be cheaper to just buy a bigger hard drive, which of course will most likely be faster as well.

3. MichaelG

MichaelG Second Unit

I have this video card and I was able to always capture to my D: drive (80gig data drive). First open the TV application and then click the setup button (or right-click on the TV display window and select setup), then select the Digital VCR tab. Next click the Disk Space button near the bottom, check the always capture to temporary drive box and choose the temporary drive from the list. I found that once I start a recording session that if I choose the output filename (via the open folder button on the right side of the recording display box) that all files are now getting created in that same directory.

Hope this helps