How do you cancel Xbox Live?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by James T, Jun 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. James T

James T Screenwriter

I really should have cancelled a long time ago when I realized Halo 2 was really the only game I play online. And now, I haven't played it since the last HTF get together. But even when I do play online, I risk the DDE. My Xbox is dying and not worth replacing the system or disc tray, IMO.

I also realize that Microsoft bills you for the full year at the start of the billing cycle. My year started in January. So if I cancel now, does that mean I get half my money back? I don't even know where to go to cancel my service.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Phone them.

1-800-4MY-XBOX

I don't know about refunds for partial use of the account, but they'll definitely be able to cancel your account etc by calling them up.

3. Brian_Wh

Brian_Wh Agent

You can cancel by calling the 800 number that Brian mentioned and also through the Xbox Dashboard I think (somewhere in Account Management maybe?). I am 99% sure they do not give refunds for any months not used if you cancel before your year is up. So you may be better off just canceling right before your renewal comes up again. That way you can still play even if it's only once in a great while.