What's new

How do you calibrate a Bose 'passive' subwoofer? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
My brother rented a Bose 'Lifestyle' music and home theater system from a local Aarons rental purchase, it's pro-logic based, comes with five tiny cubes and a passive sub. He wanted me to hook up and calibrate his system for him, but when I was inspecting the sub, I noticed something strange that I didn't know how to set. Unlike your average sub that has two control settings on it, 'Low pass frequency cut off' and 'Level Control', this sub has a 'Bass' and 'Treble' control on it and I have no clue on how to calibrate this type of sub with my sound meter and 'Avia' dvd.
So I told him to wait a couple of days and told him i'd start a topic on it here, and then set up and calibrate when I know more. So how do I calibrate a sub of this type? Thanks.
------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!

Joshua Marks

Auditioning
You cant since its supplying bass for the cubes and is not a LFE channel. The bose lifestyle has theater logic not Dolby anything....even the new ones (digital). Bose is to cheap to license stuff from other companies so no DD or DTS.
My advise is to play with the bass and treble controls until you find a comfortable level.
Joshua

Brian_J

Second Unit
My brother rented a Bose 'Lifestyle' music and home theater system from a local Aarons rental purchase
Does your brother always like to pay confiscatory loan shark interest rates? These stores are nothing but legal theft. Get him out of this.
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks