What's new

How do you beat the Guardian in Doom 3? (1 Viewer)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I am somewhat near the end of the game and am in one of the latter stages of Hell facing off against the Guardian. The Guardian is a very large dog-like beast with five little "seekers" who fly around the area and protect the Guardian. According to the strategy guide, if you shoot and kill all of the seekers, the Guardian becomes vulnerable. I've successfully killed all of the seekers (countless times) and then started to unload on the Guardian to no avail. Shortly thereafter, the Guardian sprouts new seekers and the whole process starts all over again. I've even tried using "god mode" and "all weapons/all health" codes which work, but don't seem to help kill the Guardian any more so than without the codes. I've even tried shooting the Guardian with the BFG gun about a dozen times (and it should work, as the cross-hairs turn to red when placed over the Guardian). What am I doing wrong here?

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
If I remember correctly, when you take out the seekers, the Guardian has a moment of weakness.....something to do with light?

I lucked out and beat him the first time through so, I really can't remember all that well on how I did it but, I know that I just kept hammering away at him and, tried to hit him as much as possible after I'd take out all those little "seekers" he sends after you.

I don't think you're as close to the end as you think...

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Kill a pair of seekers and look to the guardian-- you'll see the light/globe above him change color. Hit him with everything you have (preferably the BFG). It will take many, many cycles of this to kill him. :)

Oh, and stay far, far away from him or else he'll knock you into the lava. Even in god mode, you can't get back out of the lava.

Brian_Pete

Stunt Coordinator
Actually you don't want to shoot the guardian at all you want to shoot the light above him. It should turn red if you are hitting it. I recommend using the rocket launcher on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks