How do you beat the Guardian in Doom 3?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Scott_lb, May 13, 2005.

1. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I am somewhat near the end of the game and am in one of the latter stages of Hell facing off against the Guardian. The Guardian is a very large dog-like beast with five little "seekers" who fly around the area and protect the Guardian. According to the strategy guide, if you shoot and kill all of the seekers, the Guardian becomes vulnerable. I've successfully killed all of the seekers (countless times) and then started to unload on the Guardian to no avail. Shortly thereafter, the Guardian sprouts new seekers and the whole process starts all over again. I've even tried using "god mode" and "all weapons/all health" codes which work, but don't seem to help kill the Guardian any more so than without the codes. I've even tried shooting the Guardian with the BFG gun about a dozen times (and it should work, as the cross-hairs turn to red when placed over the Guardian). What am I doing wrong here?

2. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    If I remember correctly, when you take out the seekers, the Guardian has a moment of weakness.....something to do with light?

I lucked out and beat him the first time through so, I really can't remember all that well on how I did it but, I know that I just kept hammering away at him and, tried to hit him as much as possible after I'd take out all those little "seekers" he sends after you.

I don't think you're as close to the end as you think...

3. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

Kill a pair of seekers and look to the guardian-- you'll see the light/globe above him change color. Hit him with everything you have (preferably the BFG). It will take many, many cycles of this to kill him. [​IMG]

Oh, and stay far, far away from him or else he'll knock you into the lava. Even in god mode, you can't get back out of the lava.

4. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

Thanks for the tips. Also, I like you sig! (Kentucky Fried Movie is great!)

5. Brian_Pete

Brian_Pete Stunt Coordinator

Actually you don't want to shoot the guardian at all you want to shoot the light above him. It should turn red if you are hitting it. I recommend using the rocket launcher on it.

6. ShelbyB

ShelbyB Stunt Coordinator

I second the use of the rocket launcher.