What's new

How do you access the service menu on a tv? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Is there a general way to go about accessing the service menu on your tv? I have the 34 inch Widescreen Trinitron Xbr HDTV by Sony and I am wondering how to get into the service menu....

Thanks for any responses!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Every television has its own service-menu access code, though some models from the same manufacturer would probably accept the same code.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Do a search on your web browser for ( Sony service menu )
You should be able to find a few sites on what menu item dose what. I would get as much information as you can before even trying to enter the service mode, or you can screw up a good set real easy. They will also tell you how to go about getting into & navigating the menu items.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to read very carefully before attempting to do anything in the service menu! Quick question though....is there a place in the service menu to degausse the monitor?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Aaron,

There is no service menu item to force a degaussing.

On Sonys what usually works is to unplug the set for half an hour or so, plug it back in, and turn it on.

I had a 98 model 35" XBR that I screwed up really badly with an unshielded subwoofer. The above method completely eliminated the discoloration.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
The most important lession to practice BEFORE you make any adjustments is to WRITE DOWN THE ORIGINAL SETTINGS. This may sound like common sense, but many do not follow this simple rule. Some settings that you change will not default back to a factory setting after you mess with them. Be very careful and good luck

Ron

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
is there a place in the service menu to degausse the monitor?
This set has automatic degaussing. It’s the loud hum that you hear every time you turn the set on.

Write everything down before you change anything when in service mode and proceed with caution.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks