What's new

How do you access service menu on old Sony? (1 Viewer)

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
How do you access the service menu on a Sony KV-27TX20? It's an older TV, from the late '80s I think. I've read various articles on accessing the service menu, but the remote button combinations don't work, and there's no hole in the back of the TV near the cable inputs. Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Sometimes the hole is somewhere else on the back ... does not have to be close to the cable inputs.

Regards

RaulR

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply, Michael.
I thought of that. There don't appear to be any holes in the back other than for the inputs and screws. I think maybe the service menu switch is inside the TV. Do older Sony models have that? If that's the case, I probably won't bother. It's just that this TV is quite decent except for a ridiculous amount of red push, and I wanted to tweak it a bit while I wait for the inevitable moment when I finally break down and get an HDTV. :)

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

First service menus appeared in early 90's I recall.

More than likely you will have to open the back of the set to access the pots to change things.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks