How do Polk LSi 9's compare to Paradigm Studio 40's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JustinP, May 31, 2002.

1. JustinP

JustinP Stunt Coordinator

I've been reading a variety of good things about the new LSi line by Polk, but I can't seem to find any place remotely close to my home where I could listen to them. I'm currently set to purchase a pair of Paradigm Studio 40's in about a week or so (along with a SVS 25-31 PCI in another few weeks) and wanted to know if any of you have had a chance to listen to both the Studio 40's and the Polk LSi/9, and if so, what was your experience?

Thanks,

Justin

2. Mike_New

Mike_New Auditioning

Anyone?

I am also interested in comparisons between the Paradigm Studio and Polk LSi bookshelves, especially the 40 vs. 9.

- Mike

3. Troy LaMont

Troy LaMont Supporting Actor

Guys,
    Here's a comparison of the LSi line and the Active series.
    There's also numerous posts regarding the sound quality of the LSi line, just do a search. They're compared to Paradigm, B&W, Klipsch, Vienna Acoustics and a whole list of other bookshelf and floorstanding speakers.
    Troy

4. Mike_New

Mike_New Auditioning

Thanks Troy, but I think I've already read every thread here about the LSi's, in addition to those at Audio Asylum and Club Polk.

I still haven't seen any direct comparisons between the Paradigm Studio 20 or 40 and the Polk LSi 7 or 9.

- Mike

5. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

I haven't directly compared the two, but I am of the opinion that *solely from a driver comparison point of view* the Vifa tweeter in the Polks will blow away the tweeter in the Paradigms.

--Steve

6. Troy LaMont

Troy LaMont Supporting Actor

In addition to what Steve said, if you take a look at the other speakers mentioned, they are of very high caliber and I'm quite sure that if the Polk's sounded better than or equivalent to those, then they should have no problem besting the Studio 20/40s. I've also read and understood that the Paradigm's Active series was the 'best' bookshelf they offered, besting the Studio 20/40s.

Just my $.02.

Troy