How do news logos burn-in on a RPHDTV even with the TVs going to commercials....

Discussion in 'Displays' started by kurt_fire, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurt_fire

kurt_fire Stunt Coordinator

and with yourself changing channels every so often??
    i have the KDP-51WS550

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

3. kurt_fire

kurt_fire Stunt Coordinator

why post in there because when I do no one answers my question...screw that thread.

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Did you try reading the thread?

It very well explains and discusses the nature of burn-in. Things are worn over time, and it really doesn't matter whether the hours burning it in are all together or interspersed. Interspersed wear may sort of smooth things out a little bit by minimizing the spot intensity of wear just by the nature of wearing the whole rest of the screen such that the difference is no longer that visible. But read the thread please, it's very useful, and informative.

5. Paul Padilla

Paul Padilla Supporting Actor

Kurt,

Chris was a little short with you in his first reply. One might even say he was "curt" with you. (sorry...couldn't resist)

The burn in thread is very long and many people may only use it as reference, which may be why you got no replies.

IMHO...calibration might be your culprit regardless of the cumulative effects that Chris mentions. Televisions are calibrated at the factory to compete with other models once they reach the showroom floor, which means that the brightness and contrast are generally cranked. That spells damage, and I have yet to see a television manual that suggests turning these settings down on setup. Usually anything over 50% is too high.

If you're concerned, get your hands on a copy of Avia and make absolutely sure your levels aren't too high.

Hope this helps. (and sorry again for the pun)

Paul

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

What are you talking about? You asked the exact same question in the Master Burn-In Thread, and you got an answer almost immediately. If you had follow-up questions, you could have asked them, and I'm sure they would have been answered just as quickly.

This isn't the first time you've started a thread about burn-in and been directed to the dedicated thread on this topic. But please make it the last time.

M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.