What's new

How do I tell if I have 32 or 64 bit XP (1 Viewer)

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all-

trying to install the blaster patch, how do I find out which patch to use, the 32bit or the 64 bit?

thanks,

-miles

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
You mean 64 bit windows xp? I wasn't aware you could get that yet. And what's 'blaster'?

Miles Lucasso

Stunt Coordinator
hmmmm suppose I have the 32bit version then.

At 11:34 A.M. Pacific Time on August 11, Microsoft began investigating a worm reported by Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS). A new worm known as W32.Blaster.Worm (also known as MBlaster, W32/Lovsan.worm, MSBlast, W32.blaster.worm, Win32.posa.worm, Win32.poza.worm) has been identified that exploits the vulnerability that was addressed by Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026.

Microsoft teams are working around the clock on this issue and will update this page regularly to communicate the latest developments to our customers.

miles

KyleS

Screenwriter
If you are unsure which operating system you have I can almost 100% guarantee that you are NOT running the 64bit version. ;)

KyleS

And running windows on a mac is kind of stupid, take the hardware deficiancies of one platform, and then mate it with an OS not designed for uber optimized procs and you've got crap! Oh, and only the Itanium 2, PPC-970 (aka the G5), and AMD's Opteron/Athlon 64 are 64 bit. Since the Itanium 2 costs roughly $6,000 for THE PROCESSOR ALONE, and the Opteron is a server chip that generally runs 64 bit linux, and the Athlon 64/PPC-970 aren't out yet, I think it's safe to say you've got the 32 bit OS; because the only people with 64 bit would be the ones that know it.

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Its very simple, just open up your computer case, and count the pieces.... If there are 32 bits of computer stuff, then you are running 32 bit windows... 64 bit is similar, but with twice as many pieces.
:D

NicholasL

Second Unit
Wait! GASP! Are you guys saying that the G5 isn't the fastest, most powerful computer at the moment? If my research is correct, PC's won't be stepping up to the G5's level in performance for another 6 months or so. And how do you explain the unbiased testing where the G5 bested even dual 3.06ghz xeons huh? huh? :)

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
We are makeing the 64Bit mother/server boards at my work. We are even building some box's. I want one, but, I'm not sure who it is for. I just started there last week. The Server boards either have 2 or 4 CPU slot's. I wouldn't mind takeing one home, and making a "little" server out of it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks