What's new

How do I stop my sneakers from squeaking? (1 Viewer)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
It's raining here and my shoes squeak when I get inside. It's mostly the right foot. I don't understand it. The tread on both shoes are about the same so I don't get why the right one squeaks but the other doesn't.

I even observed my stride thinking maybe I had some sort of Quasimodo walk going on or something. My walk seems normal. No pigeon toed walk. No favoring one side over the other. In all regards, my stride for my left is the same as my right.

This is bothersome because I have a fairly long walk from the door to my desk and the office is pretty quiet. Makes me too self-concious.

Any suggestions like roughing up the soles of my shoe or something?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Whenever I go into a store (when it's raining) and my shoes squeak on their floor, instead of trying to stop it and being self conscious about what others are thinking, I purposely make them squeak really loud (and laugh). :D Sometimes I'll do a little squeaky dance.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Sorry, Hunter, no help here either with the squeak.

Maybe you should use the same reaction as with a loud fart - look around as though you are REALLY puzzled as to who could do such an uncouth thing.

Failing that, do a Squeaky Dance - it might even make someone smile.

"I'm squeakin' in the rain, just squeakin' in the rain..."

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Maybe I should change my name to Mark, because I always do the squeaky dance!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks