What's new

How do I start a petition for SCTV on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Count Floyd, the Schmenge brothers, Johnny LaRue.....

I would easily part with the funds to buy these; I don't care if they are Season sets or Best of, or whatever.

Claude North

Second Unit
SCTV was one of the greatest comedy shows ever. I was a huge fan when I was in high school and I suspect that, as an adult, I'd be able to appreciate it all the more.

While I would prefer season box sets, I'd buy whatever releases are made available. I'd settle for a collection of all their Christmas-themed sketches. Who can forget Lola Heatherton celebrating THE LOVE SPIRIT, or COUNT FLOYD'S SCARY CHRISTMAS with good scary guests like Lucille Ball and the Kid from DELIVERANCE?

And, of course, what would SCTV have been without Mrs. Edith Prickley?

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
Shout! is currently considering whether they will be releasing season 1 (26 half hour eps from 1976-78) or season 4 (27 90-minute eps from NBC 1981-82) first. I believe the plan is to release all seasons eventually so it is just a matter of which season is released first and the NBC 90 minute eps are more well-known.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I dearly hope they go with the 90-minute episodes first. The first season wasn't that great, but lots of the NBC stuff was brilliant. I'll buy it all, but I'd love to start with the later material...

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
I would definitely be into this! Put me down for a must-buy! SCTV still is my all-time favorite show. I used to get in trouble for staying up late Friday nights to watch it on NBC.

Although I love the entire run, I would definitely want a season set to start with Season 4. I think the NBC episodes are the best of the bunch and where the cast hit their stride. Besides, for those who are only marginally familiar with the show, the NBC shows are the most accessible.

"They laughed at me in Budapest. They laughed at me in PRAGUE!!"

"They laughed at you in Buffalo too..."

"Shut up, Bruno!"

It doesn't get much better than Dr. Tongue and Bruno.

Thanks for the info, guys!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I too will pick up all the seasons. While I prefer to start at the begining, if getting season 4 first is required to get the series out so be it!

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
Besides, for those who are only marginally familiar with the show, the NBC shows are the most accessible.
I agree with that. Better production values and stronger wraparounds distinguish the NBC seasons from the others. Plus, some of the more well known characters either started or gained a higher profile in the NBC shows (Bob and Doug MacKenzie, the Shmenges, Jackie Rogers Jr, etc). Casual fans may be more inclined to purchase earlier seasons from watching the NBC shows but I fear if the earlier seasons were released first (especially season 1), it could turn some people off to the show.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
I too think the 90-minute NBC episodes (1981-1983) are the best and most polished ones they produced. They should release them first, and possibly add the earlier 30-minute ones as extras or later on by themselves after the 90-minute ones are out.

Does anyone remember "Maudlin's Eleven," a great movie spoof of "Ocean's Eleven" starring Sammy Maudlin, Bill Needle, Bobby and Skip Vitman, and of course, William B. Williams?

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
What season did the Godfather parody appear in? I loved it when they hit all the TV Personalities at the Networks.

AlanBrom

Second Unit
How can forget the Harmonica Gang? I love when the get hit by the garbage truck.

The brilliant "Godfather" spoof was done in 1981, the first season of the 90-minute NBC episodes. "Johnny Pavaratti does not get that part!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks