What's new

How do I set the crossover on a SVS if?? (1 Viewer)

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
I am interested in buying a cs cylinder and using an old amp or an old reciever. How would I go about setting the crossover and other various setting like if it had it's own onboard amp?? I am using a denon 3801 as the main processor. Could anyone helop me? I really want an svs but want to spend as little money as possible so the cs line is best for me thank you in Advance!!
-B

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Brian,
You should just set the crossover in the Denon 3801 and feed the line level subwoofer out into the amplifier for the SV Subwoofer.
This approach has worked perfectly so far for me with a B&K Reference 30 preamp/processor and with an Onkyo DVD-A player.
Hope this helped.
Feel free to post back with any other questions.
Regards,
------------------
John Kotches
Contributing Writer
Link Removed

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
How do I set the Denon 3801 crossover? this will control what is sent to the external amp rihgt? and because the amp powering the svs is cheap that should not effect the sound? I am pretty green to using external amplification and really want the sound and be able to save a big chunk of change. Thanks for everyones help. I need as much info as possible.
-B

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
The crossover on the DENON will automatically be engaged if you set any speakers to SMALL. If you ONLY send the LFE channel to the subwoofer...no 80hz crossover is engaged.
If you set all speakers to small(which tends to work best IMO)...than ALL the channels will have a 80hz crossover point. This means the full range speakers get the >80hz stuff and the

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks