What's new

How do I send an audio signal from my TV 30 FT? (1 Viewer)

BigKid13

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Greetings,
I've checked around and have come up dry so I thought I'd, once again, bring my problem to you folks. I have all my HT equpiment in the back of my family room (projector and audio stuff) for movie viewing only, no outside signal in. I now have a Plasma TV hooked up to HD cable in the front of the room and would like to send the audio from it to my receiver so I can use the HT sound system with the TV. Without thinking, I bought a 50 ft. red/white analog cable and found that by the time the signal from the TV outs got to the receiver there wasn't enough signal left to do anything with. I feel like a dummy as I should have know this was going to be the case. Anyway, here are my questions:
1. Is there a wired, or preferably wireless amplifier that would take the signal from my TV and get it to my receiver that is about a 40 foot cable length away? (20 or so wireless)
2. Will there be a noticable lag between the video and the audio due to the distance? I believe my receiver (Denon AVR-1907) has an adjustment for this kind of thing but I've never had to mess with it before.
As always, I thank you for your help.
Dave

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Your HD cable box should have a digital coax output? If so, get a digital coax cable from monoprice.com and use that. You want surround anyhow, right? The red and white cables wouldn't give you that. The thing with the red & white cables is that the wire in them is too light of a gauge, for a long run like that. The longer the run, the heavier the gauge wire needs to be.

BigKid13

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Thank you so much. I was so fixated on tapping the sound off the TV that I totally ignored the cable box outs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobRWA123
Recent bookmarks