What's new

How Do I Reset My Audio on My Toshiba 50H81? (1 Viewer)

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
I asked this sometime last year and never got a response, so I thought I'd try again.
Here's what happened: While doing a 56 pt. convergence, I hit a wrong button somewhere along the line and now I do not have regular audio coming from my Toshiba while watching a movie. Complete silence. Yes, I know- why would I want this anyway when I'm running my whole HT? It's just the fact that it's not there anymore. The audio while watching regular programming is fine- only DVD watching is affected. HELP!

Cary_H

Second Unit
Could be any number of things; it is important to know how you have your gear setup.
Ok.....in your set's audio setup the speakers have to be set to 'on' 'cause you have audio on regular programming.(you'll find the audio reset in the same menu as well)
Do you bring your cable signal directly into an input on your set, or from elsewhere? Coax, or on seperate cables for the audio and video?
DVD will use one of the other inputs available. If it worked before you no doubt have fed an audio signal alongside the video signal to the same input. Where does this audio feed come from? Direct from the player, or routed through your receiver then to your set?
Any chance the audio cable has been inadvertantly moved to one of the other inputs on your set? Play a DVD and walk through the other inputs to see if your audio comes up elsewhere.
More info req'd.

Rocky F

Second Unit
Are you sure it played through both to begin with? The reason I ask is because my DVD player will only output audio through the digital coax out or the stereo outs, but not both at the same time. I have the RCA outs hooked to the tv, but not running through them, but occasionally, like after a power outage, the DVD player will switch over. Because of the way I have it hooked up, I can tell if that's happened because of audio coming through the TV. Your DVD player may be different, but that may be something to check.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys. Your questions give me a 'fresh look' at the situation. You know how sometimes you're in the middle of a situation and can't see the forest for the trees?:frowning: I'll check out everything you both said and get back with you.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks